Toni Rodríguez is a pioneer of modern vegan pastry and Viennoiserie, “the father of vegan macaron”, founder of the first vegan pastry shop in Europe – Lujuria Vegana.
With this work, which is the result of his experience, extensive research & development and continuous work with plant-based ingredients, Toni is sharing the fundamentals of modern vegan pastry and Viennoiserie.
Packed with over 100 plant-based recipes, 500 step-by-step photos, chef’s tips and techniques, in The Vegan Pastry Bible, Toni has included everything you need to know about modern plant-based pastry in the 320 pages of this book.
His aim is to make vegan pastry accessible, surprising, ethical, creative and fun to any baking enthusiast and professional.
The book is structured in 10 Sections:
1. Theory with ingredient understanding
2. Basic preparations: step-by-step recipes of homemade cream margarine, whipped cream, “butter” cream, pastry cream, English cream, gluten-free flour mix, homemade praline.
3. Sponge Cakes: walnut brownie, lemon cake, marble cake, gluten-free apricot cake, banana bread, muffins, financier.
4. Viennoiserie: brioches, cinnamon rolls, babka, stollen, doughnuts, croissants, berliner, millefeuille, Gallette des Rois, Ensaimada.
5. Breakfasts & snacks: waffles, blueberry scones, flapjacks, anise rolls.
6. Cookies & shortbread: cookies, shortbread recipes (plain, chocolate, sugar-free, gluten-free), bourdalou tart, crostata, apple pie, pecan pie, lemon pie, chocolate tart.
7. Macarons & petit-fours: Italian and French meringue macarons, different fillings.
8. Chocolate: white chocolate, “milk” chocolate, chocolate spread, Rocher, truffles.
9.Pastries: Peanut Bomb cake, Carrot cake, Opera, Sacher
10.Creams, flans and mousses: Tiramisu, catalan cream, flans and more…
Publisher : ICEP Publishing; First Edition (January 19, 2023)
Language : English
Hardcover : 320 pages
ISBN-10 : 6069529383
ISBN-13 : 978-6069529386
Reading age : 15 years and up
Item Weight : 3.34 pounds
Dimensions : 11.22 x 9.65 x 0.94 inches