A guide on how to make Peanut Butter Energy Bites.:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (Alternatively, agave nectar)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine the rolled oats and ground flaxseed in a mixing dish. These will be the foundation for your energy bites.
Add Nut Butter:
- Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or your preferred nut or seed butter) to the dry ingredients. Make sure it’s at room temperature or slightly warmed for easier mixing.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of maple syrup (or agave nectar) to add sweetness and help bind the mixture together.
Add Chocolate Chips:
- Toss in 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips. These will provide a delightful burst of chocolate flavor.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until they are evenly blended. You should have a sticky combination.
Chill the Mixture:
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes. This will make the mixture easier to handle.
- After chilling, take small portions of the mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls using your hands. You can adjust the size to your preference.
Set and Store:
- Place the energy bites on a parchment-lined tray or plate and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. Transfer them to an airtight container once they’ve firmed up.
- Your Peanut Butter Energy Bites are ready to enjoy! They make for a perfect on-the-go snack or a quick pick-me-up during the day.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe by adding additional ingredients such as chopped nuts, dried fruits, or shredded coconut. These energy bites are not only tasty, but also can be your high protein vegan snack with power of fiber, and healthy fats, which will keep you energized throughout the day. Take pleasure in your guilt-free and healthful snack!