Here’s a quick recipe for Mango Coconut Sorbet, a delicious plant-based ice cream substitute:
2 cups of frozen mango chunks.
A half cup of coconut milk, preferably full-fat to enhance its creamy texture.
2 teaspoons of agave nectar (or a preferred sweetener)
Freeze the Mango:
- begin by placing 2 cups of mature mango pieces in a freezer. To prevent the formation of clumps, it is advisable to freeze the items in a singular layer on a tray or plate.
Blend the Ingredients:
To prepare the mango smoothie, the frozen mango chunks, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, and 2 teaspoons of agave nectar should be combined in a blender or food processor.
Blend Until Smooth:
- Mix the ingredients together until they are smooth and creamy. You may need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor to make sure everything is mixed well.
Taste and Adjust:
- Try some of the sorbet combination. You can add more agave nectar at this stage and blend it again if you want it to be sweeter than it currently is.
Serve or Store:
- You have the option of serving the sorbet immediately for a texture similar to that of soft-serve ice cream, or you can move it to an airtight container and freeze it for a few hours to achieve a more solid consistency.
Scoop and Enjoy:
- When you are ready to serve the sorbet, use an ice cream scoop to portion it out into pretty servings. If you so wish, you can garnish the drink with fresh mango slices, shredded coconut, or a sprig of mint.
This Mango Coconut Sorbet is not only tasty and refreshing, but it also does not contain any dairy and is vegan. It is a tropical delicacy that is ideal for warm summer days or as a refreshing and fruity dessert any time of the year. Both of these occasions call for it. In this indulgent dessert, you can indulge in the natural sweetness of mango as well as the richness of coconut milk without feeling guilty.